Note: You may or may not need to create Exchange Contacts, a Receiver Connector, make a firewall change, etc. This depends on the specifics of the site.
Checking/Creating Archiver backups
There are three options used for backing up an Archiver:
- Backups - used to create a onetime snapshot of the Archiver data
- Storage Manager – used to create a live mirror of old and real time Archiver data.
- Synchronicity - Is a third party application used to create a mirror if there is not enough hard drive space for the storage manger. if you don’t see a backup in Storage Manger beyond the internal storage, the Synchronicity application is being used.
- Create a share (“Archiver”) on a Windows system to be used for backups. It is best to use a BDR or MSA system if available. Use best practice security standards when creating the share and NTFS permissions.
- Enter the information needed to connect to the share and select “add”.
- In a couple minutes, under DEFAULT (GROUP #0), the share will be listed. Green, all is good, Red, something is wrong.
- Change the STATE of the new mirror to “Online”. The Archiver will start syncing data. This can take hours.