Once IPMI is setup in the BIOS and you can connect to the web interface at HTTPS://(IP address) You can use software to connect to the console instead. The Console function relies on old Java/browser combo and for a better/preferred method of management, you can connect instead using the IPMIView application.
- Installation is standard. Defaults all the way through the process.
After launching the app, you need to setup an IPMI connection.
- Go to File > New… > System
- Add the IP address of the IPMI interface and Machine Name.
- Once it is added, it will appear in the left navigation menu as you named it. Double click to launch.
- If it connects, it will prompt you with the logon page. Most of the time ADMIN/ADMIN are the credentials.
- Once logged in successfully, you will see “connected”. Then you can click “KVM console” bottom right. This will take you to the terminal/console.